Resources to help prepare for NEASC Accreditation
In preparation for an evaluation visit, it is recommended that schools take the following steps:
- Once notified by the Director of the Commission that a decennial evaluation is due, the Head of School and/or Self-Study coordinators should register to attend a Self-Study Workshop conducted by NEASC-CIS.
- Our online course, Introduction to the Commission on Independent Schools 20|20 Standards, is a very useful tool to prepare for our workshops and only takes about an hour working at your own pace.
- Following completion of your training and prior to beginning the Self-Study, a date should be scheduled for a member of the Commission staff to meet with faculty and administrators to provide an overview of the process and review changes in Standards and process that have occurred since the last decennial visit.
- Once the school is up to date on the Self-Study process, the work can begin. Generally, it takes 18 months to 2 years to complete the self-study.
- It is now a requirement that schools participate fully in the peer review process and that school personnel serve on visiting committees to other schools.